Ultrasound Scans Birmingham
Ultrasonography, one of the most basic and common tools of modern-day medicine, is often used to help diagnose unexplained pain, swelling or infection. It is carried out using a transducer or probe generating sound waves and producing images of the body's internal structures. It does not use ionizing radiation, has no known harmful effects, and provides a clear picture of soft tissues that do not show up well on x-ray images.
How Ultrasound Scans in Birmingham can look like?
In Top Medical Clinic, we offer a wide range of ultrasound scans:
- abdomen ultrasound (liver and biliary tract, kidneys, bladder, prostate and urinary tract)
- pelvic ultrasound (transabdominal and transvaginal)
- neck ultrasound (salivary glands, lymph nodes, thyroid)
- breast and axilla ultrasound
- musculoskeletal ultrasound (all joints, tendons and muscle groups)
- subcutaneous tissue ultrasound ("lumps and bumps")
- scrotum ultrasound
- abdominal wall/groins/hernias ultrasound
- hip ultrasound in newborns