Dr Rafal Wichman
Special interest in: Endocrinology, Proctology, Surgery
In 1994 he graduated from the Medical Academy in Lodz. He was awarded his first degree specialization in General Surgery in 1997, followed by the second degree specialization obtained in 2001. Three years later he defended his PhD dissertation on microsurgical procedures in laryngeal nerves reconstruction after thyroid surgery. After graduation Dr Wichman spent twenty years working in the General, Endocrine and Vascular Surgery Clinic of the Medical University in Lodz, and for the last three years he has been working in the General and Colorectal Surgery Clinic of the Medical University in Lodz. For over 20 years Dr Wichman has been involved in treating:
- thyroid disorders (including nodules, both benign and malignant);
- thyroiditis, including Hashimoto’s disease;
- hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism;
- abdominal hernias;
- gallbladder disorders;
- varicose veins;
- gastrointestinal disorders and any kinds of proctologic conditions (anal itching, perianal fistulas and abscesses, pilonidal cysts etc.)
In his daily practice he also removes any kinds of skin lesions, and carries out aesthetic medicine procedures and podology procedures, such as ingrown nails, surgical correction of the soft tissue around the nail, calluses, corns.
Dr Wichman holds a license to practice medicine in the UK issued by the General Medical Council, and offers medical consultations both in Polish and English.
In Top Medical Clinic in London we can perform minor surgical procedures, such as:
- removal of fibromas, warts, hypertrophic scars, keloids, sebaceous cysts, lipomas and other skin lesions;
- closing veins on legs by means of sclerotherapy (spider veins and small varicose veins);
- podology procedures: ingrown nails, surgical correction of the soft tissue around the nail, calluses, corns, foot skin lesions etc.;
- intralesional corticosteroid injections and shaping agent injections for hypertrophic scars and keloids.