Dr Olga Gonta
Dr Olga Gonta is a Specialist Doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
She graduated from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy ‘’Gr T. Popa’’, Iasi Romania in 2008 and got enrolled in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology training program afterwards, which she graduated from in 2013.
The following years she worked in the Republic of Ireland and Romania, gaining more experience in the field.
In 2018 she started a two-year fellowship in Fetal Medicine at Kings College Hospital where she was trained by the well-known Prof. Kypros Nicolaides and was awarded the Diploma in Fetal Medicine by Fetal Medicine Foundation in 2020. She is certified in performing 11-13 weeks scans, anomaly scans, fetal cardiac scans, screening of preterm delivery and screening of pre-eclampsia.
In the last year Dr Gonta worked in Fetal Medicine Department at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
She is a member of Fetal Medicine Foundation, International Society in Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and participated in many national and international congresses and courses.
Spoken languages: Romanian, English, Russian.
Scope of services:
- Preconception counselling;
- Early viability scans, screening for aneuploidies, fetal anomaly scans, reassurance scans to assess fetal growth and well-being, 3D/4D scans, gender scans (from 16-17 weeks);
- Fetal echocardiography;
- Cervical smear tests including HPV testing;
- Diagnosis and management of gynaecological pathology;
- Gynaecological ultrasound;
- Coil removal/insertion